Here is the Cutting Line Designs tunic from the Danger Curves Ahead pattern that I finished in January. It's a very drapy rayon challis print with black handkerchief linen contrast and facings. The challis presented more of a challenge than if I had chosen a more stable fabric. Reminder - measure the cuff pattern pieces for the size you intend to make. I cut the size small for this pattern, and, even with buttonholes and buttons on a scant 3/8" from the edge, they have little ease. I took photos of all the details which are on my Flickr photos and the album for this pattern. Here is the tunic worn with a pair of 4-ply silk One Seam pants.
I cropped a pair of Loes Hinse Hepburn wide-leg pants that I didn't wear much last year, and I liked them better. So after I finished the Cutting Line Designs tunic from the Danger Curves Ahead pattern, I sewed up a pair of the West End pants from the pattern by The Sewing Workshop. I had the pattern but hadn't sewn either the jacket or the wide-leg pants that are included. So, here they are in the same double spring/summer weight double sided/textured fabric I used for some coordinates in this Tan/Black Coordinates Group Flickr Album. You need a fabric like this with lots of drape, and plenty of ease to pull off this look, plus it's important to wear some shoes or boots with a bit of a heel. Here's a "selfie" taken in the mirror in my sewing room and the other is outside on the deck in the wind! Those are Arche nubuck ankle boots from the Mustard Seed boutique in Bethesda MD that is owned by my step-son, Derek. Go see them if you're in the neighborhood. You'll come away with some fantastic finds!
|Texture and colors of fabric used for West End Pant|