Monday, March 21, 2011

Sleeveless Jackets?

How many of these do you have in your wardrobe?   I really hadn't thought about it until I watched this fashion video by Jess Cartner-Morley, the UK Guardian's fashion editor.   How to dress: Sleeveless jackets - video


I posted about restyling the jacket with the huge sleeves into a sleeveless jacket in February.   I wore it as a layering piece to keep warm at the Atlanta Sewing Expo the second day and got many complements on it.

The Guardian video got me thinking -- my Relax a Little tops are not waistcoats or vests, but sleeveless jackets.  Here's my latest one belted over the Sewing Workshop Tosca Dress I made in January.


By Jess Cartner-Morley's definition, the Of the Moment tabard is also a sleeveless jacket.   This is a sheer linen and a longer jacket gives the illusion of height.







Still a classic, I made this sleeveless jacket many years ago from the OOP Shermane Fouche pattern and it still looks current styled the right way.




No comments:

Post a Comment