Today I had every good intention of cutting out a dress using my already lengthened version of Louise Cutting's Ebb and Flow blouse pattern. The hard work is done because I have all my master patterns traced on pattern ease, rolled up/ and ready to go. My hands and fingers were doing well all the way into April when I cut and sewed all the black/white knits. The spinal tap in early April confirmed the elevated protein for the GBS and it was active. It goes fast and this time did more damage to the nerves in my hands than last fall. I'm finishing up a prednisone taper to suppress my immune system, but the damage is done. I can still type, but now it's harder to squeeze things together (less strength in finger muscles) like scissors and the sensory feeling you need when dealing with layers of things is poor.
I planned a couple of cap sleeve knit tops using the Pure and Simple top pattern. Using this fairly cheap piece of stretch lace from a vendor at the Atlanta Expo, I cut one out to see what I could do, and how accurate I could be. I cut it on the stretch/cross grain and kept the curved hem. I intend to just serge the edges and use some fusible knit tape for stabilizing at the neckline and armholes, turn under and top stitch - no facings.
For this, I probably should use a rotary cutter but that has risks of cutting with my current lack of strength and coordination. I folded out the dart and used my big heavy tailor shears. It was very difficult for me.
I posted one of my online snoop shopping finds on the sewing board Cutting Line Designs topic. I usually copy a couple of photos, the measurements ( if available) and put it into a text file that I print out and file with my patterns. Here's a blue gauze fabric I plan on using for a summer version of this drawstring cardigan using the tabard (view B) in the Of the Moment pattern.