Sunday, November 13, 2011

Miyake Blouse from OOP Vogue 2332


Today I cut out and finished this Miyake Blouse in a fine Italian shirting I bought from Louise Cutting at an Expo.    It's all white with a narrow woven stripe.    My pattern is a size 10 with a finished bust and hip (straight down) measurement of 47".   The pattern is not for sale.

 I used many of the fine sewing techniques from Louise's patterns and technique DVDs since these patterns don't go into detail about finishing every seam and fine sewing techniques.    I didn't alter or change anything but eliminated the tabs and buttons.    I used steam-a-seam on the cuffs.  

I think it looks very elegant and is comfortable.   I'm wearing it with a pair of Easy, Ageless and Cool pants out of a linen/metallic blend.    It layers nicely under many types of jackets.    I wore it shopping at Neiman Marcus in Charlotte, NC yesterday and got many complements from both shoppers and the staff.    The shirting is the finest and looks it!  I'm going to sew up another one in the gray pinstripe silk I used for the A Cute Angle blouse.




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Terri...I can't wait to see it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very elegant on the hanger! I too, look forward to seeing a pic of it being worn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks sharp! It looks similar to the Sewing Workshop San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Z, the Sewing Workshop pattern is similar, but not the same. I have that pattern and compared them. The construction of the collar and self-facing is pretty much the same, but this one's sleeves and armholes are different, plus the cuffs that fold back. The front R & L pattern pieces are different, and are sewn with a french seam that folds to one side that makes the big pleat that is stitched down in two horizontal rows just below where the collar folds back. You have to pull this over your head.

    If you have the San Diego pattern, Linda Lee posted on their blog last summer how to make it look like the front of this pattern - inspired by an Akris shirt that was popular last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shirt Terri - I have a 'similar' shirt/blouse pattern - an oop miyake also. Nice choice of fabric
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, thank you for the comparison between your shirt and the Sewing Workshop pattern. And, thanks for the info on the San diego.

    ReplyDelete