I worked on my holey Bergman jacket yesterday evening, sewing on the black mesh trim onto the black holey fabric. I put the bottom trim piece on first, serging right sides together to the bottom of the jacket, then turning and topstitching it down. Somehow I got one front edge folded over so the bottom trim piece ended up too short. Then I didn't like how the stitching looked on the one sleeve I applied the trim to. I've got good fluorescent lighting but black on black is hard. So I spent the rest of the evening ripping it all out. As I was ripping tiny stitches and serging from two open fabrics that I didn't want to make more holes in (that took me 5 X longer than sewing it on), it hit me that I should do this in daylight - Duh! and use the Steam-S-Seam light first to make sure it's where I want it to be, then fuse and stitch it down. I didn't get any sewing done today because I slept too late. That was because I had trouble sleeping with those night splints on my feet/legs and woke up around 4 AM from dreams that I was being tortured. So I had DH remove them and finally got some sleep. They're really beneficial in what they do, but it's like wearing ski boots to bed and takes serious getting used to.
I had physical therapy early afternoon and went along for the ride while DH did some other errands today so it was dark when we got home. Tomorrow is another day!
I'm working on some directions to knock off some Eileen Fisher layering pieces I found at that consignment store I got the jacket I turned into a vest. Will post when I work out the details.